MBA Human Resource Management Paper
|Universities Exam Papers - Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar|
M.B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION, JUNE 2010 Second Semester
BA9224 — HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Time : Three hours Maximum : 100 Marks
Answer ALL Questions
PART A — (10 × 2 = 20 Marks)
1. Specify the objectives of human resource management.
2. Mention any two applications of computer in HR.
3. Define H.R.P.
4. Explain reliability of tests.
5. Write a note on vestibule training.
6. Specify the limitations of off-the-job training.
7. What is compensation?
8. Define living wage.
9. Name some separation technique.
10. What is promotion?
PART B — (5 × 16 = 80 Marks)
11. (a) Discuss the role of HR manager. [Marks 16]
(b) Explain the line and staff role of HR manager. [Marks 16]
12. (a) Discuss suitable sources for recruiting software professional. [Marks 16]
(b) Discuss various techniques used in manpower planning. [Marks 16]
13. (a) How do you identify the need for training? [Marks 16]
(b) Explain various approaches to management development and how do you
select right approach. [Marks 16]
14. (a) Is employment protection legislations necessary in an era of HRM. [Marks 16]
(b) Explain how remuneration and rewards helps to motivate employees
using porter and Lawler's model of motivation. [Marks 16]
15. (a) How can management know, understand and resolve employee
grievance? [Marks 16]
(b) Elaborate any four modern techniques to evaluate employees'
performance appraisal. [Marks 16]